TEMINDO CLOUD provides a blockchain technology platform, called Blockchain Service (BCS), for enterprises and developers. BCS helps you quickly deploy, manage, and maintain blockchain networks on TEMINDO CLOUD, reducing the threshold for using blockchain. In this way, you can focus on the development and innovation of your own business to quickly implement business using blockchain.
The infrastructure layer offers underlying resources required for creating a blockchain network, including resources on nodes used to compute and store data in the network. TEMINDO CLOUD enables you to conveniently purchase resources as required and deploy blockchain networks on either the edge cloud or private cloud.
The blockchain service platform of TEMINDO CLOUD provides service management, channel management, and member management, among other modules. It helps you quickly create, manage, and efficiently maintain an enterprise-grade blockchain system for upper-layer applications.
Service application layer
BCS can be used in multiple scenarios of various industries, such as e- government, transactions between corporation subsidiaries, supply chain logistics, and healthcare. Industry-specific applications connect to the blockchain platform to ensure data reliability and security.
The TEMINDO CLOUD security system and innovative cryptography algorithms provide comprehensive security assurance for blockchain nodes, ledgers, smart contracts, and upper-layer applications.
Open and easy to use
Building an enterprise-grade distributed blockchain network is not easy. It requires not only in-depth knowledge of blockchain but also complex design and configuration, which is error-prone and costly.
- BCS can help enterprises deploy blockchain networks within only 5 minutes, reducing the development and deployment costs by as much as 80%.
- BCS hosts functions of full-lifecycle management and GUI-based smart contract coding, commissioning, and deployment. Customers using BCS can focus on the innovation and development of their own service applications.
Flexible and efficient
- BCS supports multiple efficient consensus algorithms and deeply optimizes existing algorithms to achieve balance between security and efficiency.
- Consensus within seconds (over 5,000 TPS) meets service performance requirements.
- Blockchain ledgers are stored in the efficient TEMINDO CLOUD elastic storage files, satisfying the demand of fast storing massive amount of user data.
- Nodes of multiple roles and members can dynamically join or quit consortium blockchains.
- The pay-per-use billing mode and functions such as service hibernation and waking at any time and data aging on orderers reduce costs.
- BCS is connected to the Application Operations Management (AOM) service of TEMINDO CLOUD for comprehensive O&M on BCS services, including system status, performance, and transaction monitoring, maintenance, and alarming to reduce O&M costs.
- The peer scaling function allows auto scaling of peers on demands, greatly improving the cost-effectiveness.
Comprehensive approach to blockchain security:
- The TEMINDO CLOUD security system ensures stable and secure running of blockchains.
- The Hyperledger-assured security system prevents data tampering and protects privacy by means of certificate management and the blockchain structure of data.
- Innovative algorithms such as homomorphic encryption and zero-knowledge proofs provide further privacy protection.
- Worldwode cryptographic algorithms are used for encryption and decryption.
BCS provides the Trusted Computing Platform to facilitate trusted cooperation between multiple parties. This platform has the following core features:
- Decentralized identity (DID) management, which is in compliance with the W3C DID and W3C VC standards. This feature lowers the threshold of trust and improves cooperation efficiency.
- Blockchain-based, trusted data sharing, which ensures trusted data flow between multiple parities, breaks data silos, and realizes data value.
- Confidential computing, which is based on blockchain, Trusted Execution Environment (TEE), and federated learning technologies. The raw data can be computed without being revealed, ensuring data privacy.
BCS provides the following functions to help you quickly deploy blockchains featuring security, high efficiency, and cost-effectiveness.
You can purchase resources when deploying a blockchain system, without a need to prepare resources required by the system in advance.
- The deployment time is reduced from days to minutes, and the blockchain network configuration is completed during deployment.
- Underlying technological details are masked. You do not need to care about the underlying technology implementation and platform construction.
- You can create a cross-region consortium blockchain or a private blockchain.
File database (goleveldb) and NoSQL (CouchDB) are available for ledger storage.
- File database: Historical transaction data is stored in the blockchain, and status data is stored in the LevelDB.
- NoSQL: A CouchDB database stores transaction and status data.
BCS supports multiple consensus algorithms for diverse scenarios.
- Solo: A simple consensus algorithm. In a Solo ordering service, only one orderer is available. Therefore, Solo does not support fault tolerance but features quick startup and resource saving. It is recommended for testing.
- Fast Byzantine consensus algorithm (FBFT): A highly available consensus algorithm with superb performance. It requires at least four orderers and tolerates faults at a maximum of (N – 1)/3 orderers, where N indicates the total number of orderers. It is recommended for production environment.
- Kafka (crash fault tolerant): A high-speed consensus algorithm, which tolerates crash faults on just under half of all orderers. It is recommended for production environment.
Consortium Member and Organization Management
- A consortium initiator can dynamically invite other tenants to conveniently and quickly set up a consortium blockchain. Peers of each consortium member run in a separate VPC for independent management, ensuring security and controllability.
- Peer organizations can be dynamically added to a BCS service to avoid impact of insufficient peer organizations configured during service deployment.
Auto Scaling of Nodes
Peers can be scaled out dynamically based on user requirements, which does not require system reboot.
You can manage chaincodes on the graphical user interface (GUI) throughout the entire chaincode lifecycle, including coding, debugging, installation, and instantiation.
You can query blockchain information required for maintenance in the blockchain browser. The information includes the block quantity, transaction quantity, block details, transaction details, performance, and peer statuses.
Privacy is ensured within a channel because different members in a channel can have different access permissions. For example, member A can have the permissions to access certain data, but member B, who does not have relevant permissions, cannot access the specified data.
This is different from the privacy ensured through channel isolation because a channel isolates data for members in the channel.
Applications can access blockchain networks using software development kits (SDKs), Java database connectivity (JDBC), and RESTful APIs.
- SDK configuration files can be downloaded. After simple configuration, an application can be connected to a blockchain network.
- The JDBC API simplifies data query of applications while retaining data immutability of blockchains
- Applications can invoke chaincodes through the RESTful API. The policy of multi-organization endorsement is supported.
Monitoring and O&M
BCS connects to the monitoring platform to monitor data and resources in real time and generate alarms and notifications when necessary.
- Automated O&M: BCS actively upgrades the underlying blockchain platform and updates patches to seamlessly integrate with the TEMINDO CLOUD O&M system.
- Enterprise-grade monitoring: Multi-dimensional monitoring is performed on clusters 24/7, and user-defined alarms can be reported through multiple channels.
Inter-Blockchain Data Interaction
- Arbitration is introduced for inter-blockchain transaction results. The blockchain data structure is used to manage the inter-blockchain transaction results, ensuring atomicity of the transactions.
- Arbitration nodes only manage the verification results of inter-blockchain transactions and does not touch original transaction data, ensuring independency and security of the transactions.
- Behavior consistency between parties in inter-blockchain transactions is verified, ensuring consistency of the transaction information during distribution (such as in asset transfer).
BCS for POC Edition:
- Suitable for Proof of Concept
- Peak transaction performance ≤ 100 TPS
- Consensus algorithms : SOLO
- Node management
- Maximum number of peer organizations: 1
- Maximum number of peers: 2
- Maximum number of orderers: 1
- Maximum number of channels: 1
- Automatic recovery from node faults
- Security functions: ECDSA
- High availability
- Invoking smart contracts through RESTful APIs
- Common deployment
- O&M and monitoring
- O&M logging
- Node status monitoring
- Status alarming